- Matter & Interactions: A calculus-based introductory physics curriculum with a contemporary perspective
- VPython: Easy real-time 3D programming, based on the Python programming language
- GlowScript: VPython in a web browser
- A video with Ruth Chabay on Thinking Iteratively given on the occasion of our receiving the 2014 American Association of Physics Teachers Halliday and Resnick Award for Excellence in Undergradute Physics Teaching
- Two early papers on work and energy:
- Sherwood, B. A. (1983). Pseudowork and real work. AJP 51, 597-602.
- Sherwood, B. A., & Bernard, W. H. (1984). Work and heat transfer in the presence of sliding friction. AJP 52, 1001-1007
- For related later work on work and energy, see
- Matter & Interactions
- The point-particle system, a talk presented by Bruce Sherwood and Ruth Chabay at a meeting of the American Association of Physics Teachers in San Antonio TX, August 1999.
- The zero of potential energy is not arbitrary, a talk presented by Bruce Sherwood and Ruth Chabay at a meeting of the American Association of Physics Teachers in Rochester NY, July 2001.
- Choice of system and the energy equation, a talk presented by Bruce Sherwood and Ruth Chabay at a meeting of the American Association of Physics Teachers in Sacramento CA, August 2004.
Videos of a conference on the PLATO system
- While at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign (1969-1985), I participated in the development of the PLATO computer-based education system. Here are videos from a conference in June 2010 at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View CA on the 50th-year anniversary of the birth of the PLATO system:
- My essay in Physics Today
- My linguistic study of spoken Esperanto and of variation in Esperanto
- Esperanto-USA (with links to many other sites)
- Two good sites for learning Esperanto through the web: duolingo.com lernu.net
- Geometric algebra:
- Cosmic Gall: a wonderful poem about neutrinos by John Updike